IKA High Pressure Homogenizer
For many applications in the food, pharmaceutical, cosmetic, biotechnology, and environmental industries, it is necessary to reach particle sizes in a nano range. The IKA High pressure homogenizers can accomplish this task with ease.
The IKA HPH range is a world leader in quality and performance
For a wide range of applications the IKA HPH offers:
- High energy input achieves particles sizes of 0.1µm
- Proven construction and lifespan
- Low noise levels
- Sample volumes from 10ml
- Flow capabilities from 2 to 100 l/h
- Options for variable speed available
- All product contact parts are autoclavable and FDA approved
- Ceramic and Stainless Steel product contact parts only
The high pressure homogenizer HPH is an inline dispersing machine for energy-efficient, continuous production of superfine emulsions. Compared to other IKA inline machines, the dispersing action of the high pressure homogenizer HPH is not based on the rotor/stator principle.
The increased homogenizing effect is achieved within the homogenizer by means of spontaneous decompression of the liquid from max. 2000 bar to an ambient pressure. With the same energy input, the IKA HPH produces considerably finer emulsions than conventional toothed ring dispersers.
The use of high pressure homogenizers is recommended when a disintegration down to the nano range is required
High Pressure Homogenizer (HPH) – For many applications and products in industries such as food, pharmaceutical and biotechnology, particle sizes in the nano range have to be achieved, for processes such as:
- cell disruption in biotechnology
- for homogenizing milk products
- for the production of infusion solutions
- for the production of micro-fibrillated celluloses
- for the production of all types of micro-emulsions